Manufacturing in today’s global economy is radically different than the environments of even 5-10 years ago. To stay competitive and profitable, you have to be more than just lean: your operational efficiencies have to be at 100%, and you have to be able to identify bottom line savings in real time.
You don’t have time, resources, or a budget to retrofit your manufacturing floor with cables, towers, and other conventional RFID and RTLS infrastructure.
You cannot afford to have a different system for each regional or international plant.
Being competitive and profitable means making the right decisions, and having the right business intelligence and tools necessary to continuously manage the status and location of critical business assets whether they are in manufacturing, distribution, or the yard, and still maintain a work-safe environment for every employee.
RFind’s technologies do not require expensive cabling, towers, or changes to your manufacturing environment – and they work the same in the USA, New Delhi, South America, Africa or Taiwan.
With RFind, the wireless tags themselves trilaterate their location and relay the information tied to the asset. Whether they are buried in the manufacturing floor or strapped to a pillar – RFind’s technology is an affordable solution that is also scalable, flexible, reliable, and accurate.
If you’re thinking of utilizing RFID technology in your manufacturing environment, ask yourself the following questions:
- Do you want to track product movement from supply through distribution?
- Do you want to locate the right equipment at the right time, inside or outdoors?
- Do you want to track materials through each process so you can deliver finished products sooner and at a lower defect rate?
- Do you want to implement Lean Manufacturing initiatives?
- Do you want to measure work cells, facilitate reporting, Taktime metrics?
- Do you want to quickly locate work-in–progress bottlenecks?
- Do you want to easily locate special tools that are required at each station?
- Do you want to find an RTLS solution that works in an environment where most of your assets are made out of metal?
- Do you want to have robust tags that can withstand water and dirt, vibration and impact, and will suit your large, heavy, metal assets?
- Do you want to have a very simple system for your staff to use?
- Do you want to have a quick and easy installation; because you can’t afford to disrupt daily operations?
Only RFind can answer yes to every question and more. Contact us today to find out more about our real-time location solutions for manufacturing.